SimulIDE Knowledge Base
– BASIC USE –
To get SimulIDE just download a version compatible with your Operating System from the download page.
Extract the contents of the compressed file you downloaded (.zip or .tar.gz).
The folder “SimulIDE_x.x.x” contains all necessary to run the program.
You can copy this folder to whatever location you want keeping the internal structure as it is.
Don’t move, edit or delete files unless you know what you are doing.
To run this application:
Executable is in SimulIDE_x.x.x folder, just double-click it or run from a terminal if you want to see some messages about SimulIDE execution.
You don’t need to install anything else.
Graphical User Interface:
The GUI is divided into 3 main panels.
All panels are resizable and collapsable.
In the left panel you will find 2 tabs:
- Component list to select components and add to the circuit.
- File explorer to browse your file system and open files in the circuit or editor.
- Circuit Tool bar at the top with actions and information about the simulation.
- Circuit canvas in the middle, here is where you create and simulate your circuits.
- Message panel at the bottom, showing debug messages and errors.
This is a text editor with basic coding and debugging functionalities where you can write or edit source code for the microcontrollers supported.
You can also open any kind of files in this editor, including binary files.
For example you can open and edit SimulIDE configuration files, circuit files, hex files, etc.
You can zoom in/out with the mouse wheel and pan with left button.
Right-click in the canvas to open the Circuit context menu.
When you complete your circuit, click the Power button: in the Tool bar to start or stop the simulation.
You can pause the simulation with the pause button:
- Video: SimulIDE1.0.0 basic use: GUI