You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Problems with unstable version 1.1.0 on Debian

Hi,

I've been away for a few months and now that I'm back, I discovered everything has changed quite a lot. 
Trying to refresh things I saw there's an unstable 1.1.0 version. I downloaded it (for Linux) and this is what I get:

./simulide: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./simulide)
./simulide: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_simuliE4VJLl/usr/bin/../lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5)
./simulide: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_simuliE4VJLl/usr/bin/../lib/libQt5Multimedia.so.5)
./simulide: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_simuliE4VJLl/usr/bin/../lib/libQt5Gui.so.5)
./simulide: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_simuliE4VJLl/usr/bin/../lib/libQt

etc.....

Obviously I have to upgrade to 2.29, but is it absolutely neccessary? Isn't there a way around? I'm not very keen on deviating from  the Debian standard.

You are probably using an older version.
I don't think you should use a different version of glibc.

I see these options:
- Upgrade your OS to a newer version.
- Compile SimulIDE yourself.

Sorry. I got things messed-up. 

This error about GLIBC came up when running the latest night-built: SimulIDE-R2194_Lin64, not the 1.1.0 unstable, which actually is the one I cannot download. Problems are in https://app.gumroad.com/checkout

1. I pick up Linux, but it sticks to Window 64 all the time:
  2. I have to reconfigure it to Linux.
  3. Then it asks for a password and create, supposedly, a common account for all the transactions
  4. and it keeps doing that and no link to download SimulIDE appears
Quote from arcachofo on February 11, 2024, 11:40 pm

I see these options:

Where?

I see these options:

I pick up Linux, but it sticks to Window 64 all the time:

Again I can't reproduce the issue, and there are other downloads for the Linux version.

Where?

Where what?

Quote from arcachofo on February 12, 2024, 9:34 am

I pick up Linux, but it sticks to Window 64 all the time:

Again I can't reproduce the issue, and there are other downloads for the Linux version.

Exactly, this is one of the problems. The only way to change it to linux is by 'Configurar' once you've clicked on 'Añadir al carrito'

These are the steps:

1. Even clicki on Linux I get a Windows selection like this
  2. Then 'Configurar'

and pick Linux
  3. Then 'Obtener' and I get this:
  4. And from here it's impossible to go anywhere else.  From this screen I understand that I'm being asked to create a paying account. What user? mine? Ok. I introduce my password and nothing happens. I try to accept 'Nuestras condiciones de uso' , but there's no checkbox nor similar anywhere.

What am I supposed to do? Tested on Chromium, FF and Opera.

Where?

Where what?

When you say this in a previous message:

I see these options:

You say I see these options

Where do you see that? Where am I expected to see that?

The way to download is how everybody do it, and if you select Linux you get Linux:
https://youtu.be/PtyAoC1CO8k

If it is not working in your system I can't know why.
Maybe check your configurations?

Where do you see that? Where am I expected to see that?

If you don't understand these two options, then there is nothing else I can do for you: