You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Usage of Socket and Headers with Packages

Hello,

my goal is to add two packages to SimulIDE, one including a Socket, and the other one with a header, which should then get plugged into the Socket as soon as the one package is attached to the other. My question is if this is possible with the newest stable version 1.1.0?

I tried it multiple times with different Package types (Platine, Modul and Shield), however it doesn't seem to work.

I found another solution by using Platine and Shield and naming the Pins the same (like the Arduino-Shield solution), however my goal is to have more than one Modul being attachable on the baseplate, which won´t work with the Shield solution.

Thanks for the help,

Nils

Hi.

Probably the only thing you missed is to make the Header to "point down" so it can connect with something below it:

I added some basic explanations to the documentation:
https://simulide.com/p/subcircuits/#modules

If it still doesn't work, just let me know.

Perfect, that worked for me.
Another thing I have detected while working with Modules is the following:
If I attach my Module (which includes an exposed ATMega328PB) on another Package (in my case a Platine), the exposed ATMega isn't callable anymore. Hence, the Module has to get detached before the code can get uploaded. This isn't an important issue, just maybe as an information for your next release 🙂 

Hi and thanks for reporting the problem.
I will have a look.

One trick you could try is to set "Reload hex at start" in the Atmega328PB.
This way you can just update the hex file and it will be automatically reloaded whe simulation starts.

And don't hesitate to report or send me a PM as soon as you have any problems with this project.
Modules haven't been tested too much and not many people are using it, so your experience is very valuable.