You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Connecting SimulIDE to Arduino IDE

Hi, how do I connect my SimulIDE and Arduino IDE, I have tried a couple of times and it still doesn't work. I have tried solving the problem:

1. I have deleted it and redownloaded ensuring the tool path is correct
  2. set my complier setting for tool path and include path to the location of the file

I would really appreciate it if someone help me solve this problem as it seem to only occur for me.

Hi.

It would be good to konw some information to try figure out what is the problem, for example:
- Which version of Simulide are you using (and which OS)?
- Which Arduino IDE version?
- What is exactly the problem? does not detect the Arduino IDE? does not compile?
- If there is some error message at the bottom panel, can you copy/paste here?

Also the "Include path" should be empty in most cases.

Hi, thanks for your response, here is my situation:
- The version of Simulide I'm using is: SimulIDE_1.0.0-SR2_Win64 
- The version of Arduino IDE is v1.8.19
- The problem is when I press compile it says:

: Executable not found
: Check that Tool Path is correct

WARNING: Compilation Not Done

There isn't a "include path" for my Simulide, instead it says "Libraries Path"

Thanks for the information.

Didn't try that exact Arduino version, but I think it shouldn't be any problem.

• Leave "Libraries Path" empty.
  • If Arduino IDE folder is in the desktop, "Tool Path" should be something like this: C:/Users/me/Desktop/arduino-1.8.19_win/

You can check that just inside folder "arduino-1.8.19_win" (or similar)  there is a program named: "arduino-builder"

Hi, I'm told to use that version of Arduino IDE as it is the only version that can pair with simulide.
- The Arduino IDE in my desktop is a shortcut from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino
- There is a file named: "tool-builder", I'm not sure if it is the same as the program: "arduino-builder"

Hi, I'm told to use that version of Arduino IDE as it is the only version that can pair with simulide.

SimulIDE_1.0.0-SR2 should work with Arduino IDE 2 as well (unless they have changed something again in last versions).
But Arduino 1.8.x works well.

I see arduino-builder.exe in your Arduino folder, so that is Ok.

If you open an .ino file in the Editor and open "Compiler Setings", it should look like this:

With those settings it should work and the message at the bottom panel shold be something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------

File: C:/Users/me/Desktop/AlarmClock/AlarmClock.ino

Found Arduino Version 1

Arduino Compiler successfully loaded.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I managed to pair my Simulide with Arduino IDE. Thanks for your help! 

arcachofo has reacted to this post.
arcachofo