Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Report BugsPackage Bug
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Package Bug

Hi alcachofo (and everybody),

a few months ago, quite a lot actually, when I discovered SimulIDE (which I'm definetly in love with), I started fidgeting with packages and creating components. Quite soon I realised there was some sort of a problem with it, because SimulIDE cracked whenever I was, for example, modifying the package properties. I've been working on a component extensively this week, and practically two out of three times SimulIDE cracks. I'm sending you a short video which shows it.
I was working with a package which name was 'memoria_RS_256b_LS.package' when realised it should be different. I opened the package, changed the name a saved it. The package went empty, I presume because there wasn't such a new name on the disk. Ok, the I opened it again and cracked.
This is an example, but there are lots of them. I've started to record the procedure.
I have Debian 11 (I used to have 10, with the same problems, peharps more).

Thanks

Uploaded files:

Hi, thanks for reporting.

This issue will be solved for next "tester build", keep an eye here:
https://simulide.com/p/testers/

By now, don't use properties to load or save packages, just right-click and use the context menu.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

But how then am I supposed to save the changes made on the package? The only way is right-click on the package and choose save, isn't it?

Quote from blitobyte on June 21, 2024, 8:17 am

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

But how then am I supposed to save the changes made on the package? The only way is right-click on the package and choose save, isn't it?

Yes, that is the only way.