You need to log in to create posts and topics.

MacOS M1 Arduino IDE - Can't find a path that will stick to Compiler settings

Page 1 of 2Next

In IDE 2, there's no access to the compiler in the GUI app (as I understand it), so I have the arduino-cli compiler installed at ~/bin/arduino-cli, as per Arduino's instructions, have verified this by running "~/bin/arduino-cli --help" in Terminal, getting all the useful info that confirms the cli is actually install.

I have tried adding the path to the binary in the standard GUI ArduinoIDE as well as ~/bin/arduino-cli, either "fall out" of the field the second I tab or click to the libraries path. "/bin/ardino-cli" doesn't work as there is no install there, it's local only.

Any ideas?

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11.16.04 am.png
  • Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11.16.41 am.png

Arduino compiler will not work in simulide that way, it expect everything inside the Arduino folder as you download it. 

For me this works:
Tool path: /Applications/Arduino IDE.app/Contents/

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciated. Sadly, it hasn't solved my problem. That was the first path I tried when I first installed SimulIDE.

That path and any other path to any version of Arduino IDE won't stick, and I can't even navigate to using the "..." button.

Did you try introducing the path manually? (don't forget the last slash)

and I can't even navigate to using the "..." button.

No... seems that that is not considered a folder.

I've tried with the slash, without the slash, pasting manually, using the "..." button, tried ArduinoIDE/Content, tried ~/bin/arduino-cli nothing will stick. As soon as I tab to the Libraries field or click the window away, the entry in the Tool Path field vanishes.

As soon as I tab to the Libraries field or click the window away, the entry in the Tool Path field vanishes.

That is probably because the arduino-cli executable is not found.

Assuming that you are using Arduino IDE 2.2.1, can you confirm that arduino-cli exist in this path? :
/Applications/Arduino IDE.app/Contents/resources/app/lib/backend/resources/arduino-cli

Except they are verified as there and both the Arduino IDE and the CLI versions run. 30 years chasing signal path faults before I retired 😉 Still, I get that we all make mistakes. You're right to check.

Maybe is about the version of simulide you are using...

Which version are you using?
EDIT: I see... you are using 1.1.0-RC0, the problem is definitely here.
1.1.0-RC0 does not support Arduino IDE 2.2

Or directly try 1.0.0-SR2_MacOs :
https://launchpad.net/simulide/1.0.0/1.0.0-sr2/+download/SimulIDE_1.0.0-SR2_MacOs.zip

1.1.0-RC0 R1909, downloaded the day before yesterday from here. Maybe I'll retrograde to 1.0.0, see if that works.

1.0.0-SR2 was released on December 21.
For some reason I assumed that you were reporting about that version.

1.1.0-RC1 with support for Arduino 2.2 will be released in a few days (hopefully).

Page 1 of 2Next