Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumDevelopment: Developmentarm64 make error
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

arm64 make error

/usr/bin/ld: build/objects/as_callfunc.o: in function `CallSystemFunction(int, asCContext*)':
as_callfunc.cpp:(.text+0x2b4): undefined reference to `CallSystemFunctionNative(asCContext*, asCScriptFunction*, void*, unsigned int*, void*, unsigned long&, void*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:1707: executables/SimulIDE_1.1.0-RC1/simulide] Error 1
subi@pimate:~/simulide-1.1.0.1912+dfsg/build_XX$

Hello everyone. The error that I show you above, appears when trying to "compile" the version: Version 1.1.0.1912+dfsg-4build1 uploaded on 2024-03-15

on a machine: Linux pimate 5.4.0-1105-raspi #117-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 12 05:54:44 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Is it not possible to get an executable for this architecture?

The problem seems to be in the as_callfunc.cpp file. It contains x86/64 assembler code incompatible with arm64?

Thanks in advance for any information.

viticleri

inside the file as_callfunc.cpp in the function CallSystemFunctionNative I found this comment:

// Add the base offset for multiple inheritance
#if (defined(__GNUC__) && (defined(AS_ARM64) || defined(AS_ARM) || defined(AS_MIPS))) || defined(AS_PSVITA)
// On GNUC + ARM the lsb of the offset is used to indicate a virtual function
// and the whole offset is thus shifted one bit left to keep the original
// offset resolution
// MIPS also work like ARM in this regard

Is it necessary apart from the $qmake and $make to compile that the "readme" comments, to do some more "modification" to compile correctly for the arm64 architecture?

Thank in advance!

Viticleri

Yes, seems that right now it is not posible to compile 1.1.0 for arm64.
I will have a look...